NOMINATION DEADLINE DECEMBER 31, 2018
The Intelligent Health Association (IHA) Awards were established in 2012 to champion those healthcare providers and institutions that use technologies in health care systems for the betterment of patient safety, supply chain and asset management. Nominations for IHA Intelligent Health awards may recognize any healthcare provider organization, such as hospitals, integrated delivery networks (IDNs), clinics and nursing homes, specifically the end users who are implementing these technologies.
Sponsor: The Intelligent Health Association
Presented to: An individual, an organization, or a team of individuals.
Nominators: Except for IHA Board of Directors and staff and judges, any person may nominate a candidate for an IHA Intelligent Health award.
Deadline: Nominations must be completed by Midnight ET Monday DECEMBER 31, 2018.
Notification: JANUARY 19, 2019, the award recipients are notified and invited to receive their awards at the HIMSS19 Exhibition Conference in Orlando Tuesday February 12, 2019. The nominators are copied on these notifications. All entries are kept confidential to IHA staff and the judges until the recipient is notified. If less than 3 nominations per category, no award will be made in that category.
Inquiries: Emily Sopensky, Awards Chair email: email@example.com
Eligible healthcare systems will employ any of the following technologies: Auto-ID, BAP (all frequencies of battery-assisted passive systems) Biometrics, BLE, BYOD (bring your own device), Nano, NFC, Mobile devices (e.g. iPhones/Droids/iPads) Mobile Apps, RFID (all frequencies), RTLS (all technologies), Sensors, Telecommunications, Voice technologies, Wireless (all technologies)
Prize : Each award will receive a trophy at the awards event on Tuesday February 12, 2019 .
Basis for judging: In the evaluation process, the following criteria are considered: impact on healthcare; improvement in the patient experience; succession of significant technical or other contributions; leadership in accomplishing worthwhile goal(s) such as an organization’s performance; previous honors; and other achievements as evidenced by measurable data, (including a video or website link) patents or other evidence; quality of nomination. The solution addresses industry challenges. The results of the solution are documented. Permission has been granted and the application content is certified by the appropriate officer(s) of the entry’s organization.To ensure that these awards demonstrate competition for high achievement, no fewer than three nominations must be received for each category. Otherwise no award will be given for that category.
Award Categories and Scope. There are five categories. The sixth award is selected from the recipients of the five. Submitting an application in more than one category is discouraged. If more than one nomination is submitted with identical content, only one will be accepted.
1. Improving Patient Care and Health Delivery. This award recognizes efforts to:
Make healthcare compliance easier to administer.
Better and safer patient experience.
Data-driven optimization of operations/workflow.
Cost containment or lowered costs of healthcare deliver.
Effectively and efficiently manage patients at home.
Engage patients in affordable intelligent health care.
2. Innovative Healthcare. Innovative use of technology in a healthcare facility that addresses problems, such as:
Simplifying healthcare regulatory compliance
Protecting property (e.g., high cost and/or quantity distributions)
Using data analysis to craft new solutions to old problems.
Redefining data security, intellectual property, and the data infrastructure, given the environment of mobile devices attached to the network, data in motion and at rest.
Extending the innovations to the patient at home.
3. Comprehensive Integration. This award recognizes the best example blending processes and technologies to provide a comprehensive solution in healthcare delivery.
4. PATHSTAR. Using the technologies that are the subject of the IHA awards, any prototype, trial, or experiment that has potential for scaling up or transferring to other programs. Consideration will be given to evidence-based entries. Subjective demonstrations and examples accepted. However, numeric metrics deeply appreciated.
New in 2019
5. Voice Technology in Healthcare. This award recognizes those at the intersection of voice technology and healthcare, who are making significant contributions to revolutionizing the delivery of healthcare. Similar to the PATHSTAR award, consideration will be given to any prototype, trial, or experiment that has the potential for scaling up or transferring to other programs. Special consideration will be given to evidence-based entries. Subjective demonstrations and examples will be accepted. However, objective metrics and analytics are deeply appreciated.
6. Grand Award. Of the five awards given, one recipient will be chosen to receive the 2019 IHA Intelligent Health Grand Award.
Prize : Each award will receive a trophy at the awards event on Tuesday February 12, 2019.
Award Categories and Scope. There are five categories. The sixth award is selected from the recipients of the five.