Fundraising Academy for Communities of Color, Central Valley 2011-2012 Cohort
Answers marked with a * are required.
We’re delighted that you and your organization are interested in participating in the 2011-2012 Central Valley Fundraising Academy!
Applications must be submitted electronically no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 26th. Applicants will be notified of selection decisions by early November.
The online application will take approximately 30 – 45 minutes to complete. Please complete each section in full. You will need some basic organizational records to complete the application, such as your annual budget, and your most recent financial statement.
IF YOU CAN'T FINISH THE APPLICATION IN ONE SESSION, please know that COMPLETED PAGES will be saved only after you click the ‘NEXT’ button, BUT INDIVIDUAL RESPONSES ON AN INCOMPLETE PAGE WILL NOT BE. Return to the application by clicking on the link in the original email from which you opened the survey and edit your original answers. Please note that once you click the ‘FINISHED’ button, you will not be able to return to your application.
Once you complete the online application, you will be directed to the Fundraising Academy webpage where you can download the organizational acknowledgement form that must be signed by your executive director, or by your board chair if you are the executive director. This form is due by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 26th. Please fax it to 415-541-7708 or scan and email it to

If you have any questions about the online application, please contact Erin Lingren, Project Coordinator, at or 415-541-9000 x329.
We need to know that your organization is supporting your participation, since the academy will be at least eight full days of trainings, plus additional time for coaching and trying out new ways to raise money and develop donors in your work. Please make sure that the people you report to (board members, your supervisor) are behind your application, and are receptive to increasing their own fundraising efforts!
CLP Grantees: Please note that if your organization is a CRLA or ILRC grantee, there will be no fee for participation in the academy.
Non-CPL Grantees: If selected, your organization will need to pay a participant fee of $500 - $2,000 based on the size of your annual budget. This represents close to 10% of the total cost to hold the academy, so the other 90% is subsidized by academy sponsors. Please know that there are no additional discounts or scholarships, and that many groups have successfully raised money for this fee as a first step in conducting grassroots fundraising with their board and supporters!
Participants are required to meet twice a month from November 2011 - February 2012 for approximately 7 hours per session. Sessions will be held at the following location:
  UC Merced, Fresno Center
  550 E. Shaw Avenue
  Fresno, CA 93710

While your application is being reviewed, please hold the following session dates on your calendar. Each session will run for the full day.
  Sessions 1 & 2: November 17 & 18, 2011
  Sessions 3 & 4: December 15 & 16, 2011
  Sessions 5 & 6: January 12 & 13, 2012
  Sessions 7 & 8: February 9 & 10, 2012
Your organization must meet all or most of the following criteria in order to participate in the Fundraising Academy:

  • Organization mission is specific to a community of color.
  • More than half of board and leadership staff is reflective of communities of color.
  • Majority of clients/members are from communities of color.
  • Seek to develop donors from communities of color.

Created with Survey Software.