We've got 7 teams as part of the HearSay19 Crew this year.
Read the descriptions of each below to find out which one may suit your skills and experience.
1. Technical Activities May Include: Assisting Tech Set Up, Venue Sound Desks, Sound and Equipment, Checks, Audio/Video Feeds of Sessions via Mixing, Managing Installations Tech, Temporary Sound for Pop-up locations, Breakdown of Equipment after, Monitoring Venue Sound Quality,
2. Production & Venue Activities May Include: Venue Preparation and Maintenance, Stewarding, Liaising with Contributors, Session Time Management, Liaising with Participants, Making sure venue hosts are happy, assisting the tech and hospitality crews, Ushering, making things feel magical.
3. Street Ambassadors - (including lots of indoor stuff!) Activities May Include: Chatting to festival participants, making people aware of whats going on where, Guiding people around the village, helping find wayward contributors, stewarding, helping out with events, liaising with Open House hosts, helping out and pitching in where needed
4. Welcome Activities May Include: Participant sign in & welcome, Contributor sign in & liaison, welcome desk during festival, event sign-ups, directions and programme info, give recommendations on what to see and do, telephone and point of contact for Festival Coordinators
5. Documentation Activities May Include: Documenting the activities of the festival - events and context - video, photo, audio, Photography, Filming, Interviews, Social media, Post Festival Material Prepping
6. Crew Welfare Activities May Include: Liasing with Festival Coordinators, Monitoring Crew welfare, Dealing with Crew needs, concerns, questions, ensuring adequate breaks, refreshments are provided, communication with crew, making sure crew members get to key events of interest, planning crew-specific experiences and encounters
7. Festival Coordination Activities May Include: Overseeing all aspects of Festival Management and Coordination, Health & Safety Coordination, Programming, Dealing with any Changes to Programme, Coordination of Logistics, Coordination of Crew